Monday, October 30, 2006

Balloon Rig, etc.

I've been continuing to work on the helicopter almost every day (design, lasercut, build, and repeat).

The new wireless video transmitter/receiver works quite well.

I lasercut some structural components so that I have a single hand-held controller (including the video receiver, LCD TV monitor, battery, and radio transmitter).

I've set up a microcontroller to manipulate the signals between the radio-control receiver and the motor controllers. (The microcontroller takes in PWM servo signals and outputs modified PWM servo signals.)

I've done two shoots using a balloon rig. First I shot in a park. A week later I shot on a rooftop in Manhattan.

Now that I'm done with the balloon rig, I'll go back to focusing on the helicopter. Hopefully soon I'll determine whether I should be using 2, 3, or 4 rotors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home